How to prevent a CPS Investigation and How to get your kids back

By Christopher R Rice

Some quick common sense tips to help keep CPS away from your family.

1.) Never let your children go to school dirty or bruised.  If your kid took a bad spill on his/her bicycle keep him/her at home.

Never let your kids go to school dirty or ragged. Make them wash thoroughly and always dressed in their Sunday best. Teachers and school personnel are required to call CPS by law if children look ‘un-kept’.

2.) Do not keep your children home-out of school excessively. This gives teachers and school administrators another reason to call CPS. If your child missed a lot of school already and is sick, send him/her to school and let the school nurse send them home.

3.) Take preventive steps like helmets/pads when they ride bikes/skateboards or playing sports, to prevent serious injury. All injuries must be reported to CPS by hospital staff, by law.

Refrain from taking your child to ER or doctors for every scrape or bruise because doctors and hospital staff must report every accident as possible abuse to CPS.

4.) Keep your personal business to yourself and tell your kids to do the same. Schools encourage students to rat on family members suspected of drug use or any suspicious activity. And any conversation can be misconstrued. And again CPS will be called out to investigate.

5.) Do not let your neighbors into your home they will assume that they can show up unannounced and barge in at anytime. And if you’re in the middle of doing laundry they can say your home is messy and call CPS.

6.) Always have food in the refrigerator and cupboards, this will be one of the first places CPS “investigates” if they gain entry into your home. Make sure that your kids have plenty of healthy snacks like apple slices, grapes or carrot sticks. Wash dishes after each meal and keep your kitchen area clean and dry.

Stay Informed:


National Children’s Alliance

Kempe Center


National Children’s Advocacy Center


How to get your kids back from CPS By Christopher R Rice

1.) Tell the social worker that you would be more than happy to speak with him or her but your attorney has prohibited it unless he or she is present as well.

Many times the social worker has no evidence on the case. They use the interview to gather information which can be used against the client.

2.) Sometimes CPS workers bring up old allegations of an ancient drug history or domestic violence. Showing completion of classes which successfully dealt with that problem are important to show the Judge at a detention hearing to show that there is no current risk of danger.

If you are a parent whose child is about to be taken, if you are being investigated, you can bet the child protective services social workers are looking – not only into present circumstances – but also into your past. They may try to convince you to give them your ex-husband’s or ex-wife’s phone number so they can call to gather dirt that your ex might agree to share with them.

If you used recreational drugs thirty years ago, even if it was “just marijuana” and you were totally clean for the last thirty years, you can bet they’ll be interested in that. Despite the fact that you’re no longer a druggie, you’re going to be labeled a drug user and may be asked to take classes to prevent drug abuse, get into rehab, and submit to drug testing.

3.) Be courteous and polite to the investigating social worker on the case. It does not help to be rude to the social worker. Anything you say negatively will be used against you.

Juvenile Dependency Court is rigged. It’s a sham, a scam, a three-ring circus. The entire process is just for show.

4.) Provide photographs of the home if the home is alleged to be in a filthy condition to prove that it has been cleaned up or that it was not messy. This will show DCFS that the situation has been resolved.

Child Protective Services, CPS has become a criminal conspiracy of the county, law enforcement and the Superior Court to steal your children for profit. All this is done under the guise of helping children.

Remember that CPS workers are trained to steal your children any way they can by any means possible and fairness and truth are not part of their operations.

5.) If you’re going to court, there will be a social worker’s court report which will probably be full of misunderstandings, false accusations, and insinuations that just don’t fit your life at all. You could be a big help to your lawyer by creating a document called Objections and Corrections to the Report of the Social Worker. If you don’t get to see the social worker’s court report until the day of the hearing, you can ask for a continuance so you’ll have time to make this written response. FYI – written responses are far more valuable than a few minutes of speaking time in court. Judges can easily overlook your verbal words but a written response will stay in the file for ever. You will need to take your document to your attorney for final approval, and listen to what the attorney says. Most of them mean well even if court appointed attorneys are usually too busy or too poorly motivated to do an adequate job of representation in Juvenile Court cases. Do NOT write any self-incriminating facts into your legal documents. If you do – caseworkers will pounce on those words and never let you live them down.

6.) Run a search on your attorney through the state bar website.

A large percentage of the young parents falsely accused of child abuse or neglect are impoverished, and must rely on court appointed attorneys for representation in juvenile court settings. These court appointed attorneys are notorious for doing almost nothing to help their CPS clients. They seem like they’re there to guide people through the court process, but don’t provide any type of aggressive defense.

7.) Read a publication called the “Dogbook”, it’s the attorney’s guide book called, “Dependency Quick Guide”. It explains exactly what your “attorney” can and can not do for you.

8.) I wouldn’t sign their case plan because they have to give you services whether you sign it or not.

FACT: Children have six times more chance of dying in foster care than in their own home.

Federal statistics show that children in foster homes are about ten times more likely to be abused sexually, physically, emotionally, and mentally than children in their natural family homes. They are even more likely to be killed. A recent study concluded that foster children are more likely to have teen pregnancies and to become juvenile delinquents. The study said that children are better off when left with their natural families, even if those families have severe problems.

9.) If you are in court: object to the social worker’s statements when they blame the lack of progress on you rather than admit that they procrastinated as they try to make it look like you are not putting forth any effort.

10.) If your children are no longer in your custody: Do not miss any visits because they will use that against you.

CPS workers convince themselves that they are child savers, while committing the worst child abuse possible in taking children from their natural families to be placed with strangers. Justification is their coping mechanism.

11.)  Appeal the Judge’s decision if he denies placement with family.

When parents are sent to juvenile court they are denied constitutional rights such as the right to a jury trial, the right to a public trial, and the right to be confronted by their accusers. Yet they stand to lose their children, one of the saddest and most heartrending losses known to humankind. This lack of constitutional safeguards leaves child detention hearings open to gross injustices, the like of which few people believe could happen in America – unless they’ve been through it.

12.)  Appeal orders granting the Department permission to medicate your child(ren).

Foster children are often forced to take multiple psychotropic drugs. Foster and adoptive parents get extra “special needs” money for damaged kids, so they rush to take children to doctors known for their willingness to prescribe medications regardless of whether the child actually needs them.

This is well-documented.

Read more about it here: Drugging Foster Children, where you’ll find multiple tragic case histories including the testimony of former foster children.

13.)  Appeal any unreasonable demands by the Department or additional requirements that do not apply to your case. (i.e., Domestic Violence classes if there has been no domestic violence). You can appeal any reductions in visitation, too.

Child protective services (CPS) often accuses people erroneously, or takes children for trivial reasons.

14.)  Be prepared to speak up for yourself. In the event that your “attorney” does say something resembling an objection or two, do not count on him doing it properly. You will most likely have to do the objecting yourself.

15.) In some cases something is being requested or required by social workers even though there’s no court order to allow it. In cases like that, you might want to contact the state department of social services to get a “fair hearing” which is also called an “administrative hearing.” This would entitle you to go before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) who is an employee of the state department of social services, who would listen to your thoughts and read any documentation you bring them. Of course the social workers would also have a chance to respond to your issues. Then the ALJ would make a written analysis of the information which would be sent to all parties and kept on file by the state.

They are taking kids from places that aren’t that bad, putting them in places that aren’t that good, and completely ignoring the bond that exists between parent and child.

Social work should be a process of helping families resolve and recover from problems, not a process of tearing families apart forever and traumatizing children for life. This imbalance in the social work profession has been caused by federal legislation that gives financial incentives in the form of federal funding and social security reimbursements when children are torn from their homes and placed in foster homes.

You and your children can sue CPS once the case is closed if they have violated your constitutional rights. Specifically, your child can sue CPS for violating their 4th and 14th Amendment Rights and parents can sue for violations of their 14th Amendment Rights. It is called a Section 1983 Civil Action for Deprivation of Rights.


 1.) Facebook group: FightCPS Facebook Group

2.)  FightCPS is a family rights website that seeks to assist parents and others who are falsely accused of child abuse and neglect.  


Child Protection is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, applying no remedy, destroying the family you’re supposed to protect, stepping over the corpse, and moving on to the next family.

From a USENET post July, 2001.

In leading a floor flight to successfully defeat a child endangerment bill, Rep. Bobby Franklin (R-Marietta) said the language of the bill was “way too broad and can be abused by the social service Gestapo.” Reported in the Atlanta Constitution, 2001 March 8.

Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters … but they mean to be masters. Daniel Webster

“CPS and the police kidnapped my 8 month old grandson from my care in my home. His mother, a 16 year old cold hearted ruthless uncaring, (what used to be my granddaughter) attacked me and her mother. We called the police for HELP. They took my grand baby out of the safe loving environment that he lived in and are putting him into the foster care system. I will file complaints or do whatever I have to do to get that baby back home where he belongs. CPS needs to be STOPPED as do the “police” agencies that work with them. Thanks to the information on this site, I now know what to do, thank you”

To call your Member of Congress: US Capitol Switchboard (202) 224-3121 To locate your Member on-line: U.S. House of Representatives:  U.S. Senate: